- Warren Buffett isn't necessarily smart, just happy to stick a knife in the back of the American middle class with the help of porn watchers at the SEC:
- FCIC chairman Phil Angelides said in his opening remarks that
- Moody's had profited greatly from rating mortgage-backed debts.
He noted that the firm's revenues soared from $600m (£412m) in 2000 to $2.2bn in 2007, just as the US housing market bubble had peaked....
- Mr Buffett (is) the largest shareholder of the Moody's credit rating agency...
- big player in all kinds of financial businesses which played their part
- in trashing the US economy