- Fraud and mass murder?
"Former Vice President Al Gore will deliver the commencement address at Hamilton College this spring. The 45th vice president will deliver his speech in the Margaret Bundy Scott Field House.
- Gore was most recently in Central New York, and Hamilton College, in April of 2007. He was a speaker in the college's Sacerdote Great Names.
- Gore will deliver his speech at the college's 199th commencement on Sunday, May 22nd.
11/22/10, Reuters: On the rise of food prices, Gore "said there was no doubt
- biofuels have an effect" on food prices.
"The size, the percentage of corn particularly, which is now being (used for) first generation ethanol definitely has an impact on food prices.
- "The competition with food prices is real.""...
The US ethanol industry will consume 41% of the US corn crop this year....
"Total U.S. ethanol subsidies reached $7.7 billion last year according to the International Energy Industry, which said
- biofuels worldwide
- received more subsidies
- than any other form of renewable energy."...
GORE: ""It is not a good policy to have these massive subsidies for (U.S.) first generation ethanol," said Gore, speaking at a green energy business conference in Athens sponsored by Marfin Popular Bank.
- "First generation ethanol I think was a mistake. The energy conversion ratios are at best very small....
He explained his own support for the original programme
- on his presidential ambitions.
"One of the reasons I made that mistake is that I paid particular attention to the farmers in my home state of Tennessee, and I had a certain fondness for
- the farmers in the state of Iowa because
- I was about to run for president.""...
because it continues to promote corn ethanol, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said on Monday.
- "People literally will starve to death in parts of the world,
- it always happens when food prices go up," Bloomberg told reporters
"Cuban leader Fidel Castro blasted the Bush administration's biofuels policy as "genocidal" in a series of articles last year, saying after addressing a U.N. General Assembly debate on climate change....
after addressing a U.N. General Assembly debate on climate change....
- they threatened to worsen global hunger by pushing up prices for food crops used to make ethanol."...