- before anyone outside of Alaska had ever heard of Sarah Palin
- and at a time when the Tea Party did not even exist...
Even if 'political rhetoric' were the culprit in 2007, all he could have seen at that time were violent images against George Bush and war. (Examples below).
Loughner facts they hate, source link next to each:
1. His known confrontations with Giffords were easily accomplished as he lived with his parents "about a five-minute drive from the shootings." He also may have heard her speak at Pima Community College. AP
2. Loughner saved a letter from Giffords from 4 years ago (when her would have been 18 or 19, Sarah Palin was unknown and the Tea Party did not exist). "Instead, Loughner may have had some self-generated dislike of Giffords that stemmed from when he first spoke to her at an event in 2007.
Court filings indicate the FBI seized papers from his home Saturday that talked of planning an assassination of Giffords and also included a letter she sent him four years ago thanking him for attending the event.
One Loughner friend, Bryce Tierney, told Mother Jones magazine that Loughner had harbored a grudge against Giffords for more than a year, saying that he considered her a "fake."" McClatchy
3. He had had numerous run-ins with the police. "Between February and September, Loughner "had five contacts with PCC police for classroom and library disruptions," the statement said. He was suspended in September 2010 after college police discovered a YouTube video in which Loughner claimed the college was illegal according to the U.S. Constitution. He withdrew voluntarily the following month, and was told
- he could return only if, among other things, a mental health professional agreed he did not present a danger, the school said."AP (Where were this kid's parents?)
4. He was a high school drop out. McClatchy.
5. The Fox News report suggesting a link to supremacist groups has been discredited. The Real News Journal
6. He was expelled from an 8 week course at Pima County College after 3 weeks for "incoherent outbursts." McClatchy
7. Loughner was a daily pot smoker and drank heavily at least once to the point of hospitalization "and almost died." AP
9. Here's the piece they're trying to make fit the anti-abortion motive (AP): "When other students, always seated, read their poems, Coorough said Loughner "would laugh at things that you wouldn't laugh at." After one woman read a poem about abortion, "he was turning all shades of red and laughing," and said, "Wow, she's just like a terrorist, she killed a baby," Coorough said."...
(Laughing about abortion shows someone not connected with the subject at all, not someone with a serious investment in it. ed)
10. He had made numerous death threats against many people (no mention of abortion rights.) He never mentioned Giffords, guns or politics. Reuters.
Below, "Peaceful political rhetoric" available in 2007 when he targeted Giffords was about hating and bombing George Bush in his 'f-ing house':
- George Bush burned in effigy, November 2004, San Francisco. No calls to "TONE DOWN THE RHETORIC" of left wing speech: via Zombietime.com
"NYT: 'It's Legitimate to Blame Republicans and Their Most Virulent Supporters in the Media'" Newsbusters, 1/10/11####
In 2009 an Islamic member of the US Army slaughtered 13 innocent Americans. His violent ideas and emotional problems were known but the Army kept moving him through the system. We were told not to jump to conclusions about anything. The media was hushed.
- (No mention of the US Army being accessories to murder via political correctness, or the killer being confrontational about Islam during work concurrent with references to violence and death).
- Part of it may be that Sarah Palin does not need the NY Times and symbolizes their loss of authority. ed.